Friday, December 26, 2008

Dead Hearts Ch 6

"Lo- lover? I thought you wouldn't want to speak to me again after...uh...after Pam." I was glad I was already sitting down, or else I would have fallen over with surprise.

"Sookie, you have gone to such lengths to as to purposely flaunt other men in front of me, and I was still willing to be with you. I hardly think that Pam kissing you in a moment of bloodlust is enough reason to shun you. Although, I must say, it does make for a whole new issue to discuss." He turned to look at me and gave me a sweet half-smile. Reaching out, he put his index finger under my chin and pushed up. My mouth closed with an audible click. I didn't realize I was staring at him like a slack-jawed idiot.

I turned and looked out the side window. The scenery was passing by in a blur, and I didn't want to think about how fast we were going. All I knew is that we were heading into a part of Shreveport I had never been before, and the houses were getting bigger and more expensive the longer we drove. Eric finally slowed and turned into a long, paved driveway. I couldn't see the house very well, but it had two floors and was large, very large. We pulled around back and into the attached garage. Eric turned off the car and was around to open my door immediately.

"Sookie," he began, "you have to understand that very few people know the location of my house, and nobody knows where I rest within. I-" I cut him off.

"Eric, I would never tell this to anyone, and to be honest, I didn't even pay attention to where we were going. Even if I did know, I swear your resting place will remain a secret." He regarded me for a moment before turning to open the door into the house. I stepped through and he flicked on the lights. "Wow, Eric. Your place is beautiful." As if that wasn't an understatement. We were in the kitchen, and it was huge. All the cabinets were made of a rich, dark wood. An island with a breakfast bar sat in the middle, and all of the appliances were stainless steel and very pricy. If this is how he treated a room he never used, I couldn't imagine how the rest of the house looked.

I must have looked as astounded as I felt, because he waved a hand dismissively. "This is nothing, resale value only. I can give you the grand tour tomorrow, if you so desire, but there are only a few hours until dawn, and we must speak." I nodded wordlessly and followed him to the living room. It was as palatial as the kitchen, and I felt like the poor country cousin all over again. He smiled at my expression, "I take it you admire my house."

A large fireplace took up almost an entire wall. Bookshelves flanked it, and they were filled until they were about to overflow. A flatscreen television was hung above the mantle. The room was done in dark wood and white. A white sectional took up a large portion of the floor, and a few matching armchairs were arranged throughout the room. Something seemed a little off, and I noticed that there were no photos or personal affects displayed. There was a single painting hung on an empty wall, but it seemed to be there purely to cover the blank space.

A certain viking had made himself comfortable on the couch while I looked around. I was about to sit in an armchair when he patted the cushion next to him. I sat down, took off my shoes and curled my legs underneath me. "So, where do we start?" I asked after I settled in. He picked up a small remote and pushed a button. We watched a small fire start before he turned to look me in the eye.

"I think we should discuss this evening, Pam in particular. I want to get this out in the open before we attempt deeper issues." I cringed. I should have known he would want to talk about that. "I have always known that Pam preferred women over men, but I had no idea you felt that way as well, Sookie."

"Oh no, Eric, no no nonono. I like men. I don't know what happened out there. I honestly don't know why I reacted the way I did. I have no desire to be with a woman, ever."

"That's a shame," I heard him mutter softly. I felt my eyes widen at that, and something clicked in my head.

"It was you, you big jerk! You liked seeing me kissing Pam! Oh my god, you...you were getting off on it! I felt your lust, and... ugh, you are such a... a man!" I slapped his arm, but only ended up making my hand hurt. I crossed my arms and leaned away from him. He took in my look of indignation and laughed. My jaw clenched and I seethed. He was actually laughing at me, not just a chuckle either, it was a full and hearty belly laugh.

"Oh Sookie, you are too much. I have never heard that being called a man was a bad thing. And, no, I wasn't getting off, as you so eloquently put it. I was not pleased to find you in someone else's arms, but after I realized that it was Pam you were wound around, I merely found it...exhilarating. I became angry only when I saw you at the bar speaking to another male."

"What about Pam, though? She's the one that kissed me, is she... I mean, did you...?"

"No, lover, Pam is fine. Once I understood what had happened, I could forgive her excitement. You know as well as I do that Pam has never made it a secret that she finds you attractive. If I had been in her place, my reaction would have been no better. I think that I would have fucked you right there, and damn everyone else in the room." He smiled seductively. "She did not mark you, so she must have used amazing self-control. If she had bitten you, I do not like to think of what we would be doing right now, instead of lounging in front of a fire."

"What about her calling you 'My Lord'?"

He snorted. "Pam knew that I was upset, but she wasn't sure where my anger was directed. She has known me long enough to know that when I am in such a mood, subservience is the surest way back into my good graces."

"So, are we okay, then?"

"As long as you two can keep your hands off of each other when I'm not around, the whole incident is forgiven." His fangs ran out a little and he got a devious glint in his eyes. "Of course, if I am present and you feel the need to continue where you left off, I wouldn't mind as long as I could join in."

It took a second for what he said to sink in. Once it did, I was hopping mad. "Eric Northman, do you honestly believe that I am the type of woman who would do such a thing? I'm mortified that I kissed a woman, and now you're saying you want me in a threesome? With Pam? I don't fucking think so, buddy. Just because you've had a thousand years to learn how to be a sex god does not mean that I am going to play that little game! Besides, what kind of super-woman do you think I am that I would be able to handle having sex with two vampires at once? I can barely manage you, and I don't even want to know what Pam is like in bed!" I stepped into my shoes, grabbed my purse and headed towards the garage, fully intent on walking back to Bon Temps if I had to. I didn't even make it to the kitchen before I felt a pair of muscular arms wrap around my waist.

"Do you really think I'm a sex god, lover?" Eric whispered, his lips barely brushing my ear as he spoke. I froze as chills spread all over my body. "I'm flattered that you think so well of me." He kissed me softly, feather-light touches all across my neck and shoulders. Releasing my waist, his hands went to my hips and turned me to face him. I gazed up at him and lost myself in his eyes, all my anger evaporating in a single second. "I do not share well, Sookie, and I have no intentions of allowing anyone else to lay a finger on you ever again. I was only stating that if you would desire anything of the sort, I would gladly oblige you." I opened my mouth to speak, but he shushed me. "However, I am now aware that you do not, nor will you ever, desire any such thing, so I will not mention it again." He bent down and kissed me. I dropped my purse and wrapped my arms around his neck. He opened his mouth appreciatively and our tongues met. I knew I was supposed to be mad about something, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember what.

The kiss was gentle and sweet, as opposed to the lusty need of earlier. Eric broke the kiss to bend down and hook an arm behind my knees. He picked me up and cradled me against his massive chest as he walked through the living room and up a winding staircase. I only vaguely noticed this, as I was concentrating on kissing what skin of his neck and shoulder I could reach. I let my tongue trace a line up his neck, almost to his ear, and I nipped at the sensitive spot behind the earlobe. He hissed in pleasure and held me tighter. Eric kicked open the door to what I assume was his bedroom. He softly laid me on a magnificent bed in the center of the room. I felt myself slide on the midnight blue silk as he lowered himself on top of me. He rested his weight on his elbows and brought his lips to mine. I felt his desire and something else (love?) wash over me and I reveled in it. I tried to send the same sensations back and he must have gotten them, because he started rubbing his crotch against mine. I didn't have any panties on because he killed my thong at the bar, so the denim did interesting things to me. I groaned and I felt him smile.

He rhythmically rocked himself against me, and although it felt really good, I wanted more. I needed his skin on mine. I worked my arms from around his neck, down his chest and sides, and gave his butt a squeeze. He pushed his erection against me even harder, and I felt it jump through the pants. I worked my way under his shirt and ran my nails along his washboard stomach. He got the idea and raised up to remove the offending piece of clothing with one swift movement. My god, he was glorious. My insides gave a little squeal of joy knowing that this beautiful man was about to worship my body in ways I didn't even know existed. He caught the tenor of my thoughts and smiled. His fangs were fully extended, as were other parts of his anatomy. Eric held out a hand and I took it. He pulled me to my feet and undressed me slowly, caressing every inch of newly revealed skin. I shivered as he turned me around and kissed in between my shoulders.

I turned back to him and molded myself to his body. I began to work on his belt as I latched onto his nipple. He placed a hand on the back of my head and I increased the pressure, biting a little bit, knowing he liked it. I lowered his zipper and pushed his jeans over his hips. I felt his hardness spring free from his pants and poke me in the stomach. I would have giggled, had my hands not landed on his perfect butt. I massaged it and he held me tighter to his chest. Slowly, I teased and licked and kissed my way down his abs until I was faced with his massive erection.
I looked up at him and licked my lips as I placed my hands around his thick arousal. He moaned, but his eyes never wavered from mine as I started to rub up and down. I flicked my tongue out and liked the underside of him. He threw his head back and cried out. I smiled coyly and did one more time... then again. I glanced up and saw Eric was staring down at me, so hungry for me he was quivering. In one motion, my mouth was on him, moving up and down in time with my hands. I heard him moaning and saying my name. When I knew he was getting close, I removed him from my mouth, held his arousal up and took one last lick from his balls up the underside of his shaft, twirling my tongue once around his head, and I stood up.

Enjoying my new-found power, when he tried to touch me I playfully slapped his hand. "Not yet, Eric." His eyes widened with surprise, but he nodded. I turned around so my back was towards him, rubbing my body against his the entire way. He shivered and growled deep in his throat, but he kept his hands to himself. I crawled up on the bed on my hands and knees. I arched my back and watched his eyes travel down my body until he reached the part I was offering him.

"You can move now." He was on me before I finished the sentence, licking me and pushing his fingers inside. I felt myself coming closer and closer to the edge. He removed his fingers and replaced them with something much better. He pushed in with torturous slowness and held still for a moment to let me adjust when he was buried to the hilt. He pulled out and re-entered with the same agonizing speed. "Eric, please, oh god, Eric, please..." He answered my pleas and sped up, harder and harder until I thought I was going to break in half, but I still wanted more. He reached around and rubbed my nub in perfect sequence with his thrusting. I felt the explosion coming, and he sensed it as well, doubling his efforts. As I came, I felt him shudder inside of me, and I screamed his name.

We collapsed on the bed, our limbs too weak to support us. Eric moved off of me and laid on his back. I curled up beside him and rested my head on his chest. He ran his fingers through my hair, releasing what remained of my style. I rubbed his stomach and heard him sigh contendedly. Snuggling even closer, I stretched up and pecked him on the lips. "I'm so happy, Eric. I never thought it would be like this again."

He kissed the top of my head and rubbed my back before answering. "Sookie, it will be like this as long as it is in my power to make it so." I laid my head where his heart was and closed my eyes, basking in the afterglow of the some of the most mind-blowing sex I'd ever had. A few minutes later, I heard a low rumbling inside Eric's chest. I looked up at him and realized he was humming softly. He smiled and leaned down to give me a tender kiss.

I ran my hand down his stomach and found that he was ready to go again. My hand circled his length and began to move up and down. I opened the bond and his lust washed over me. I moved to straddle him and slowly lowered myself down until I landed on his hips. I moved up and down, pushing down a little extra every time I hit bottom, just to get him that much further in. Eric placed his hands on my hips and pulled himself up so we were chest to chest. He rocked me back and forth until I was ready to scream, and when he bit my neck and came inside me, I did.

Always the gentleman, Eric bit his finger and rubbed it over the wounds in my neck so I wouldn't be scarred. I curled up to him again and I felt our bond swell with warmth and happiness. He softly brushed my hair away from my ear and whispered something in a foreign language. Obviously, I had no idea what he was saying, but he repeated one phrase a couple of times.

"What does 'min savas" mean?"

"Minn sváss, Sookie," he said, pronouncing it correctly. "It's Old Norse for 'my beloved'."

"Mmm, minn sváss. I like that." I yawned and nestled my head into his shoulder. Eric leaned down a little and pulled the comforter around my shoulders. I kissed his chest and drifted off to sleep.

The last thing I can remember was Eric kissing the top of my head. "Sleep well, minn sváss, my only love."

No comments:

Post a Comment