Friday, December 26, 2008

Dead Hearts Ch 8

For over four hours I listened to people's thoughts, and not a single person had any ideas of harming anyone else, unless it was part of some kinky sex thing. When Eric finished making his calls and came out to sit with me, most of the fantasies began revolving around him. A few had me starring, and a couple involved both of us. Oooo-kay, I thought, and switched channels quickly after those. When we made our circut around the bar so Eric could mingle with the other vamps, a few sets of fangs ran out when they saw me. As sick as I knew it was, another part of me loved my ability to make vampires want me. I made a mental note to call a shrink in the morning.

Pam joined us occasionally, and always kept Eric between us. Once in a while, when she knew he was watching, she would wink at me or lick her lips. He tensed up and narrowed his eyes at her every time. I was beginning to see why she enjoyed teasing him so often, it was very entertaining. He stayed glued to my hip the entire night, and by closing time, all of the fangbangers and most of the waitresses wanted to punch me in the face.

When he felt my mood change, I told him what was wrong and in classic Eric fashion, he just had to make a statement. He led me to the dance floor and pressed against me as we swayed to the music. When he kissed me, I was glad he held me so close, because I felt my knees buckle. He smiled and kissed me again as he swirled me around.

I had a headache by the time Fangtasia closed for the night. Sorting through so many minds used a lot of energy and I was ready to go home and relax in front of the fire. Strange, I'm already thinking of Eric's as home. Ugh, it's too soon, way too soon. When we left, I asked if we could stop and get some aspirin. He pulled into a 24-hour drugstore and helped me out of the car.

Inside, I excused myself to use the restroom. When I came back out, Eric was occupying himself by leafing through some cheesy romance novels. I laughed, and he held up the one he was looking at. On the cover, a male model wearing fur and holding a big sword closely resembled Eric, long blond hair and bright blue eyes included. "Oh, I don't know, Eric. I think I prefer real vikings."

"Think that's bad? Look at this one." He held up a second book and I gasped. I was looking at a picture of Claude, bending me backwards over his arm. I snatched the book from him and stared at it, open-mouthed.

"How did they... but when... Claudine never even told me!" I never expected Claude to have the courtesy to tell me that he finally made it as a model, but I thought Claudine would. And I never expected it to be so soon. Eric plucked the novel from my hands and put the other one back on the rack.

"I think I just found some new reading material." I stared at him. "After all, the thought of you hanging all over a fairy... I cannot pass this up." He grinned broadly and I grabbed the book back from him. He shrugged, picked up another copy from the display and walked away.

I stomped after him. Stopping to grab a bottle of aspirin and a bottle of water, we went to the register and he paid for everything, including the book. I was determined to stay mad at him, but his cheer flowed through the bond and I found it impossible. Before we made it back to the car, I had already knocked back a few pills and a couple swallows of water.

Back at his house, Eric turned on the fire and popped in a DVD. We cuddled on the couch and watched 'V for Vendetta'. Definitely not the most romantic movie ever, but Eric said it was one of his favorites, and I liked it, too. Before it was over, I was asleep in his arms. I woke up a little when he carried me upstairs, but didn't open my eyes. He laid me on a bed and began to remove my clothes. "Eric, I'm tired. Can we not do this right now?"

"I'm just being considerate, lover. I did not think that you would want your new dress to get all wrinkled." I looked at him and he was grinning. "Besides, dear one, if you just lay back, I will do all the work." He touched me through my panties and I gasped. My legs automatically spread as he gently rubbed me. He stopped for a moment to finish taking my dress off and then went to the closet to hang it up. He pulled my underwear off just as carefully as he removed the dress, and replaced the cloth with his mouth. This was a man who loved his oral sex, and I was certainly not going to be the one to deny him.

He licked me until I came, and then until I was ready again. Crawling up the length of my body, he kissed and licked and nibbled every inch of skin he could reach before settling on my lips. I could taste myself on his tongue, and I moaned his name when he pushed inside me. His hands ran up and down my body, feather-light touches that made me shiver. "Tell me, Eric."

"I love you, Sookie, and I will always be yours."

"Oh, Eric, I am yours, I love you so much."

He thrusted a little faster, sensing that I was on the brink. He licked my neck and I felt his fangs graze me. He bit down and his whole body vibrated as he exploded inside me. My muscles clenched around him and an orgasm rocked through me. He pulled out and laid down beside me. He pulled me into his embrace and threw one of his legs over mine. "I love you, Sookie. I will never get tired of telling you this. And I will worship your body every single night for the rest of our lives."

I started crying at his words. "That is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me, Eric. I love you, too." I reached up to kiss lips, then snuggled back into him, kissed his chest and fell asleep.

<><><><><><><><><><>

I woke up slowly, a strange weight on my side and an unusual warmth at my back. I turned over and accidentally kneed Eric in the thigh. He was out though, so he didn't even flinch. I craned my neck to look over his shoulder at the clock. 5:02 p.m. I had slept for over twelve hours and Eric would be awake any minute now. I pushed his arm off me and stumbled out of bed. A sudden pain lanced through my guts. I needed to find a bathroom, and I needed to do it fast. I felt around the walls for a light switch. When I found one and flipped it, I saw that I was in a different room than last night. I hadn't stumbled upon it when I was looking around, so I had no clue where I was. Luckily, through a cracked door, I saw the gleam of white tile and rushed over. After I was done with my business, I washed my face in the sink and noticed that I didn't have any bite marks on my neck. Aw, how sweet, he healed me after I fell asleep.

I flicked the light back off and crawled back into bed, flopping Eric's arm back over me and pressing my back into his chest. I closed my eyes and waited for him to wake up. I knew the moment he regained conciousness because he tightened his arm around me and kissed my neck.

"Good morning, my love. How did you sleep?"

"Excellent, thank you. And thanks for healing me up, too."

"It was my pleasure, dear one," he purred in my ear. "I enjoyed holding you in my arms as you slept. You are so beautiful; I couldn't take my eyes off of you until I had no other choice."

I pressed even closer to him, and found evidence that he enjoyed waking up with me. "So how about we get cleaned up and-" I was swept off the bed and into the shower before I could blink. Eric stood me up in the stall and turned on the water. I turned around and pressed my palms against the wall, shaking my bottom at him suggestively. He growled with desire and his fingers found me. Leaning over my back, he reached around and pulled on my nipple. I gasped as he removed his fingers and entered me. We moved together, sometimes fast, sometimes slow, until he kissed my shoulderblades and sunk his fangs into my neck. We came together and my knees gave out. Eric held me up until I could stand again, then we washed each other and toweled ourselves dry.

"Where are we?" I asked as we went back into the bedroom and got dressed.

"My day room."

"And where is that? I didn't see this yesterday when I looked around, and I didn't find any locked doors."

He chuckled. "Sookie, you don't live to be as old as I am without learning a few things about safety." He opened a door and I saw a narrow staircase leading up. Taking my hand, we walked out the door and he closed it behind us. There was no handle on this side.

"But, how..." I was confused. He pointed at a small keypad on the wall.

"There. And there is another one at the top of the stairs as well. Both have different codes that are changed every so often." I nodded and followed him upstairs. Wow, this is a long staircase. At the top, Eric pushed open another door and I found myself in the study. I stepped into the middle of the room and turned around to look at him. He closed the door he was holding, and a bookcase settled against the wall. If I hadn't just come through there, I would have sworn he was crazy if he told me there was a door there. I didn't see a keypad, though.

"Where's the thingy?"

He walked to the other side of the room and moved a light switch cover to reveal it. "Ingenious, isn't it?" He asked proudly. "Who would think to come to the top floor to get to the basement?"

"How can you have a basement? The water table is too high out here."

"It isn't a full basement, the bedroom and bathroom is all that is down there. Any more and I couldn't have done it. As it is, it cost more than I like to remember. But," he shrugged, "I'd rather be safe than sorry." I couldn't fault the logic.

<><><><><><><><><><>

A little while later, we had the agenda for the evening. Dinner first, then Fangtasia. After the bar closed, Eric would drop me off at my house because I had to work tomorrow. He was far from happy about that, but I told him that I was still considering his offer of moving in, I just needed some time to think.

For dinner, Eric treated me to italian. He wore jeans and a button-down shirt that brought out the blue of his eyes. I was dressed in a simple black skirt and a red v-neck sweater. At Fangtasia, it was business as usual. Fangbangers hated me, Pam tried to get a rise out of Eric, and Felicia insisted on making me special drinks all night. Apparently Pam had reminded her that it was 'my fault' that all the other bartenders had died. She certainly had a sense of humor, that Pam.

The minds I read this evening were no different than last night. Sex, sex, sex, sex. Gosh, didn't anyone ever realize that vampires enjoyed things outside of the bedroom, too? Granted, most things eventually led back there, but that was beside the point.

Eric got a few phone calls from vampires that he talked to yesterday, so Pam was on bodyguard duty on and off all night. Since our little 'display' on the dance floor, she seemed to have accepted me as something of a friend. I wasn't up to par with a vamp, of course, but at least she no longer treated me like her pet. We gossiped for a little bit, and I found out that we had generally the same taste in movies and music. I told her about my picture of Eric as the Sheriff of Nottingham, and she laughed so hard she had to wipe her eyes. The vampire in question walked up just as she was calming down and looked at her, raising his eyebrows. "It's nothing, Sheriff." She laughed again as she walked away. Eric looked at me in question. I just waved my hand in dismissal.

"It's nothing, you know how Pam is." He just looked at me, and I knew he would ask again later. "Are we just about done here?" It was getting close to 2 a.m.

"Yes, lover. If you still insist, I am ready to drive you back to Bon Temps so you can continue with your servitude to the shifter." I wanted to protest the way he said 'shifter', but I knew that Sam sounded the same way when he spoke about vampires.

"Let's go, then. I'm tired of listening to people think about sex."

His eyes blazed. "I don't want to listen to it, either. I want to do it." He swept me out of the bar and into the Corvette. We were at my house in record time, and I barely had time to unlock the door and get inside before he was on top of me. My clothes were ripped off me and we had sex right there on my kitchen floor. It was hard and fast and intense. When we were done, I picked up the remains of my outfit and threw them in the garbage.

"That's another outfit you owe me, mister. I really liked that sweater." I frowned at the scraps of fabric in the can. "At this rate, I'm going to have a whole new wardrobe by next week."

Eric looked thrilled at the prospect. "I may just hold you to that, my love." I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, time for the human to go to sleep. As much as I would love for you to stay with me, I know I won't get any rest with you here, and I have to get up at a decent time tomorrow."

He pushed his lower lip out and tried to give me puppy dog eyes. "Do I really have to go, lover?"

"Yes! Now be gone, vampire. I love you, and I'll see you tomorrow."

He brightened at that. "I will never tire of hearing you say that, minn sváss. I love you, too, Sookie. Goodnight, my lover, and sleep well." He leaned down and gave me a passionate kiss. He tried to push further, but I stepped back and laughed. "You are a hard-hearted woman, my love."

"Damn right I am." He laughed as he walked out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment